Local SEO, and it’s working
Local SEO works to increase the search visibility for businesses that serve their communities, and if you’re a business owner, you’ve surely heard about the Local SEO. There is various importance in the investment of Local SEO. Research shows that 50% of searches are done to find local results, and 61% of those searches result in a purchase. Local SEO increases traffic to your website along with targeted traffic. These can be businesses with physical locations, like a grocery store, clinic, or the businesses that run throughout a specific geographic area.
SEO- SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization. SEO means the process of improving your website to increase its visibility and ranking for relevant searches. Your website will get more attention, attract prospective and existing customers to your business with better visibility your pages have in search results.
What is Local SEO?
Local SEO (Local Search Engine Optimization), it is also referred to as local search marketing. It is an incredibly effective way to market your local business online. It helps businesses promote their business and products and services to local customers when they’re looking for them online.
Local SEO helps businesses promote their businesses and products to local candidates and customers. Search engines depend on signals such as local content to gather information for local searches, like links, social profile pages, and citations to provide the most relevant local results to the user. This way, ranking can be achieved through a variety of methods. Some methods are far easier to manage using local SEO tools and can require specific local SEO or local search marketing services and some of which differ greatly from what’s practiced in standard SEO.
Local search is any search directed at finding something within a specific geographic area: Restaurant in Downtown Denver.
Local search also seeks information online intending to make a transaction offline.
Local SEO vs Regular SEO-
SEO and local SEO use most of the same strategies. However, local SEO solutions use specific measures to help you connect with searchers in your area. Both regular and local SEO focus on improving the rankings in online search results so more people can find, contact, and purchase from your websites. Local SEO allows you to capture local search territory to connect with searchers in your area, while regular SEO focuses on improving your site’s visibility on a global scale.
How does Local SEO work?
Many times Local SEO works like a regular Google search.
When someone searches anything, Google scans through its database to provide the best results for that person’s query.
Google uses a different set of factors to rank the local search results, and this is what makes Local SEO unique.
Local SEO has a set of different ranking signals, like:
- Shares on social media
- Google Maps star rating for that business
- Presence of Google My Business listing
- Keywords used in Google My Business profile
- NAP citations
- Online reviews
- Keywords used in online reviews
- Number of check-ins at that location
- The location that the person is searching.
Local SEO tips-
- Optimize for Google My Business- Google My Business has become the best platform for local search. Since Google naturally feels most comfortable sharing content, it can support and verify. Google My Business is its tool to help your business meet Google’s needs.
- Renew your internal linking structure- This tip will supports website navigation, assists with information architecture and website hierarchy, and distribute page authority and ranking power among pages.
- Optimize keywords- Whenever you write content for your site, you need to optimize the content for search engines by using important keywords in the URL, header, body, title, and meta description.
- Add location pages on your website- Location pages provide readers with your NAP (name, address, and phone number), store descriptions, store hours, parking information, promotions, and reviews from happy customers.
- Create local content- Create a helpful resource to get local businesses well-acquainted with your city; if you’re a local security company, and try to attract businesses that are new to the area.
- Ensure your website is responsive- Make it easy for your customers by making your site responsive. Responsive websites do online shopping and sharing simple, and so your web visitors are more likely to share on their social media platforms.
- Ensure your NAP are consistent online- NAP stands for name, address, and phone number. The most common location to add your NAP is in the footer or header of the site.
- Optimize citations and online directories- Confirm that your citations are consistent. Google may not show your business at all in search results if it can’t determine which information about your business is correct.
- Get inbound links- Inbound links play an important role in boosting your local SEO. Every inbound link tells Google that your company is legitimate. Inbound links help raise your domain authority, sponsorships, partnerships, guest blog posting, and scholarships.
- Add posts to Google My Business and engage on social media- Content shared on social media more important now than ever before for Google.
Local SEO Services Help Your Business Grow-
There are a few benefits of hiring an SEO company for local SEO services:
- Online visibility for local consumers increases– According to research, about 96% of people go online to find local services, and 95% stay on the first page. Local SEO helps in increasing your page rankings, which therefore increasing your online visibility.
- Web traffic from local visitors increases– If you’re a local company with the help of local SEO, you can increase traffic from consumers in your specific service areas, which means you’ll get a higher visited rate on your site. Therefore, getting web visits and leads from users in a different city, state, or country won’t do anything to build your business.
- It provides more targeted geographic campaigns – Hyper-personalized online experiences have been expected from modern consumers. With the help of local SEO, you can target specific geographic campaigns to much small, localized groups of people.
- Helps you stand out from your competitors – According to the survey, fewer than 50% of businesses currently use local SEO services. So, it is a big opportunity to get ahead and stand out in local searches like directories, maps, and social media.
Remember that local search continues to grow and change as many factors influence your visibility in these searches. You’ll serve more people in your geographic region and grow faster once you start improving each important signal area. Always stay updated with what signals are increasing and decreasing is important.