How To Get Most Out Of Social Media Paid Advertising
At present, more than 2 billion people are using social media from all over the globe. With so much of crowd on the social networking sites, brands that don’t advertise online may have to face a risk of falling behind.
Advertising your brand on various social media platforms allows you to find, target and reach your potential customers easily. Goals like brand awareness, lead generation and website traffic can be fulfilled with not much effort. Brands these days are striving to attain SEO (Search Engine Optimisation). With this, whatever content a particular brand has been putting up on the Internet will show up on the top whenever someone searches for the information related to the topic of your content. Irrespective of the size of your business, whether small or big, here are some of the benefits of using paid social media for advertising.
- The biggest plus point of using social media for advertising is that your brand gets instant visibility. You are guaranteed a sure place in the feeds of your target audience, which serves as a direct window to drive leads, traffic and hence, sales.
- It is an incredible cost effective method of promoting your business because it works on the principle of pay per click (PPC) model. This implies that you have to pay only if the user takes the desired action.
- The advertiser has complete control over who all will see the ads and make social media paid advertising a powerful tool for expanding and engaging with ideal audiences at once, which can be easily targeted using a plethora of parameters like user demographics, personality, interests, hobbies etc.
- People start recognising your brand when it appears in the news feed regularly. Informative and memorable ads can enhance your credibility, drive engagement and sales.
- Companies can easily gather market insights like the tastes, preferences and trends being followed by your audience. This way, you can easily identify your most engaged targets and narrow down the parameters you are currently using for targeting.
Tips to get better
Here are some of the basic social media advertising tips, following which will definitely make a difference in your advertising strategy, making it all the more effective.
- Know your objective: The most important thing to bear in mind before starting with social media ads is to clearly know your business objectives. If you are not even aware of your goals, there is no chance of you achieving them, no matter how hard you work. It is quite a critical aspect of paid social media advertising to know and understand the business objectives, and therefore, it ensures that you make the best choice while choosing the right platform to advertise on. It guides you through the right advertising option as well as your creative strategy.
- Be clear about your target: In order to take maximum advantage of the available targeting options, you have to make sure that you are well aware exactly what kind of audience you are trying to reach. With this, you are going to get the best bang for the buck you spend on advertising. Every social network has varying audience considerations, offering specific ads targeting mechanisms. For example, Pinterest is more used by females as compared to males. If you really wish to understand the target audience segment to work for, one of the best ways is to develop audience personas. One of the key advantages of advertising on social media is the ability to micro- target your advertising campaign.
- Synchronize posts with your ads: Most of the brands are actively posting content on various social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Linkedin, Snapchat and more. All you have to do is track which of them have been more engaging, which ones are being clicked, liked and shared by your audience. All those who are engaging with your posts are likely to be the best candidates for your social media ads as well. If you have decided to make your presence on a new platform, take help from your posts at the beginning. Start small and be selective and cautious with your ads if you don’t want your money and efforts to go in vain.
- Impressions vs. Engagement: If you are tight on budget, think wisely whether you want impressions or engagement and which among them will prove to be more effective as well as efficient. When you go for impressions, it implies that you are paying every time someone sees your ad while on the other hand if you decide for engagement, you want only those who are really interested in engaging with your business. Although with impressions your message will cast a wide net in a short time span, but you don’t want to pay for irrelevant engagements. Both engagement as well as impression campaigns are irreplaceable in any business. You have to decide one which will perfectly align with your business goals.
- Follow- up action: In the beginning, it is incredibly important to know your business goals before you start with social media marketing. In the same way, measuring your performance and results is crucial. It helps you to know what works and what not along with letting you know whether you have hit your predefined targets. When you get to know your loopholes, it becomes easy to start working on improving. Most of the social media platforms provide brands with analytics which can assist them in measuring the results of their ads. Besides this, some other tools like Google Analytics and Hootsuite Impact can also be used to measure the results.
In the present time and age, most of the businesses- small or large, are making changes in their marketing strategies and including paid social media advertising in them. These paid advertisements on social media help brands in a lot of ways. They can amplify your reach, enhance targeting and drive more eyeballs, convert your new customers into your fans, increase brand loyalty, engagement and interest both before and after the sale is made.